AJT will provide support for new and innovative Jewish theatre by offering grants to theatre-makers/theatres to support new work in the field that has potential to reach audiences at either established Jewish theatres or theatres committed to shepherding their work.
Providing an open playground for artists to expand their capabilities and connect to a larger network to experience their work.
• Applications Open: August 5th
• Q&A Event: August 11th, 4pm EST- Zoom Link Below.
• Application Deadline: September 1st, midnight EST
• Applicants Notified: October 17th
• Winners Announced and Celebrated at 2022 Conference: October 23rd & 24th
• Evaluations Due: December 1st, once evaluations are processed, recipients receive the remaining 10% of grant funds.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
AJT Members; Individual Member Artists and Member Theatres.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications must be submitted via email, as a single pdf, answering the questions below. The PDF should be titled with your first and last name, and emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: “Regranting Application”.
- Describe your project, your role, and where you are in your process. (No more than 250 words OR, include a video answering this question — no longer than a minute; videos can be shared through a YouTube or Vimeo link, or as a separate attachment. Just note on the question to look for a separate video attachment)
- What are you hoping to achieve in the next steps? How will you use the funds to achieve those goals? (No more than 500 words)
- Please include an updated bio of relevant work. (No more than 300 words)
- Request amount? (Please break down the exact costs; asks can range up to $1,000)
- Revenue & Expenses: In this budget, include Revenue and Expenses. You will identify sources of revenue and the specific expenses related to the opportunity. You are welcome to use the format below.
- For Revenue, list sources of income that will cover the expenses for this opportunity including funds supplied by the applicant. Use the “Description” field to describe how the requested funds will be used (i.e., which expenses will be covered by each source of income). Include:
- Your request from the Alliance for Jewish Theatre (AJT) up to $1,000
- If applicable, other sources of income such as other grants or personal funds, or in-kind contributions (non-cash donations of goods or services).
- For Expenses, list the expenses associated with your opportunity. Use the “Description” field to provide details about each expense line item.
NOTE: Recipients may not receive their full request amount.
|Detail||Description||Amount (cash)||Amount (In-kind)||Total|
Grant Recipients will receive a letter of understanding confirming the details of their particular project and timeline. Once AJT receives the signed letter of understanding, recipients will receive all but 10% of their awarded funds. The remaining 10% is awarded to the recipients upon receiving their final evaluation form.
REVIEW & SELECTION:
- A committee of peers will be reviewing and selecting applications for awards. The criteria for selection is Career Impact and Budget.
- Career Impact:
- Clear definition of opportunity.
- Timeliness of opportunity (in terms of needing to take advantage now)
- Appropriateness of opportunity in relation to the artist’s career goals.
- Appropriateness of the budget for activities associated with the opportunity.
TO JOIN THE Q&A on AUGUST 11th at 4PM EST:
NO RESERVATIONS or COST TO ATTEND. JUST JOIN THE ZOOM BELOW.
Topic: Regranting Q&A
Time: Aug 11, 2022 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 813 7284 9629
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,81372849629#,,,,916064# US (San Jose) +12532158782,,81372849629#,,,,916064# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 813 7284 9629
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcwHi4pWp5
NOTE: This zoom will be recorded and made public during the application process.