What: Latinx-Jewish Storytelling and Artist Panel
When: Sunday, October 24, 7pm – 8:30pm Eastern Time (4pm – 5:30pm Pacific Time)
- Melia Bensussen, Jewish & Mexican Director, Artistic Director of Hartford Stage
- Melanie Catan, Actress, Writer, Artistic Director & Producer of La Caja Negra, Uruguay
- Victor Esses, Theatre Maker, Lebanese-Brazilian/UK Based, CASA Festival Associate
- Michel Hausmann, Co-Founder and Artistic Director of Miami New Drama
- Kimmy Dueñas, Experiential Educator, Community Manager at Jewtina y Co.
Jewtina y Co. is a Jewish and Latin organization on a mission to nurture Latin-Jewish community, identity, leadership, and resiliency, and celebrate Latin-Jewish heritage and multiculturalism.
How: Register here for this single event or the entire conference
Description: Taking stories from the personal to the dramatic with Jewtina y Co., a Jewish and Latin organization on a mission to nurture the Latin-Jewish community. Together we will celebrate the Latin Jewish Theatre community and the art of storytelling. Attendees will be given an opportunity to workshop personal, cultural and historical stories of identity as well as learn from a Panel of Artistic Leaders at the intersection of Jewish and Latinx. The first hour will be a panel with Jewish Latinx Leaders in the community about their dreams, hopes, and experiences as artists. The last 30 minutes will include a writing exercise about how to take the personal from your life and turn it into something monumental. This event is for all conference attendees and not exclusive to those who are Latinx Jewish artists. EVENT 4A
This event will be recorded and made available to conference attendees for 30 days via a private link.