What: Keynote – Opening Plenary Session with Leigh Silverman
When: Sunday, October 24, 12pm – 1:30pm Eastern Time (9am – 10:30am Pacific Time)
Who: Leigh Silverman, Director of over 58 World Premiere Plays & Musicals, 2019 Obie
(Moderator) Debórah Eliezer, Social Activist, Artistic Director, foolsFURY Theater; San Francisco, CA
(Opening Prayer) Kendell Pinkney, Theatre Maker, Producer, Founding Artistic Director of The Workshop
(Land Acknowledgement) Kyla García (Taíno Nation of Borikén), Indigenous Actor, Poet, Playwright, Director, Organizer, Activist based in unceded Tongva Land
(Community Guidelines) Shawna James, Board Liaison at Theatre Communications Group
(Opening Remarks) Jeremy Aluma, Director, Executive Director of AJT
AJT Member Tickets: $15 for session ($99 for entire conference)
Non-Member Tickets: $25 for session ($99 for entire conference)
How: Register here for this single event or the entire conference
Description: An opening prayer, a land acknowledgement, and opening remarks will be given at the top of this session. A moderated keynote discussion about the future of our industry, the power of theatre in this moment, the influence of Jewishness on Leigh Silverman’s own work, and more. A question and answer period with attendees will follow. This event will open the conference. EVENT 1
This event will be recorded and made available to conference attendees for 30 days via a private link.
This event will open the conference. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
About: Leigh Silverman has directed over 58 world premiere new plays and musicals.
- Violet (Tony nomination); Chinglish; Well.
- American Hero (2ST);
- Kung Fu (Signature Theatre);
- The (curious case of the) Watson Intelligence (Playwrights Horizons);
- The Call (Playwrights Horizons);
- The Madrid (MTC);
- Golden Child (Signature Theatre);
- No Place to Go (Public Theater; Two River Theatre);
- In the Wake (Center Theatre Group/Berkeley Repertory Theatre and The Public Theater, Obie Award, Lortel nomination);
- Go Back to Where You Are (Playwrights Horizons, Obie Award);
- From Up Here (MTC, Drama Desk nomination);
- Yellow Face (Center Theatre Group/The Public Theater);
- Coraline (MCC/True Love);
- Blue Door (Playwrights Horizons);
- Well (The Public Theater; Huntington Theatre; ACT);
- Danny and the Deep Blue Sea (Second Stage Theatre).
- The Heidi Chronicles (The Guthrie);
- American Hero (WTF); Chinglish (Goodman Theater, Jeff nomination;
- West Coast/Hong Kong tour).
She received the 2019 Obie for Sustained Excellence. You can read about her HERE and HERE