What: Keynote – Opening Plenary Session with Leigh Silverman
When: Sunday, October 24, 12pm – 1:30pm Eastern Time (9am – 10:30am Pacific Time)
Who: Leigh Silverman, Director of over 58 World Premiere Plays & Musicals, 2019 Obie
(Moderator): Debórah Eliezer, Social Activist, Artistic Director, foolsFURY Theater; San Francisco, CA
How: Register here for this single event or the entire conference
Description: A moderated keynote discussion about the future of our industry, the power of theatre in this moment, the influence of Jewishness on Leigh Silverman’s own work, and more. A question and answer period with attendees will follow. This event will open the conference. EVENT 1
This event will be recorded and made available to conference attendees for 30 days via a private link.
This event will open the conference. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
About: Leigh Silverman has directed over 58 world premiere new plays and musicals.
- Violet (Tony nomination); Chinglish; Well.
- American Hero (2ST);
- Kung Fu (Signature Theatre);
- The (curious case of the) Watson Intelligence (Playwrights Horizons);
- The Call (Playwrights Horizons);
- The Madrid (MTC);
- Golden Child (Signature Theatre);
- No Place to Go (Public Theater; Two River Theatre);
- In the Wake (Center Theatre Group/Berkeley Repertory Theatre and The Public Theater, Obie Award, Lortel nomination);
- Go Back to Where You Are (Playwrights Horizons, Obie Award);
- From Up Here (MTC, Drama Desk nomination);
- Yellow Face (Center Theatre Group/The Public Theater);
- Coraline (MCC/True Love);
- Blue Door (Playwrights Horizons);
- Well (The Public Theater; Huntington Theatre; ACT);
- Danny and the Deep Blue Sea (Second Stage Theatre).
- The Heidi Chronicles (The Guthrie);
- American Hero (WTF); Chinglish (Goodman Theater, Jeff nomination;
- West Coast/Hong Kong tour).