AJT’s 2022 Virtual Conference
from Sunday, October 23 through Monday, October 24
MEMBER THEATRES: SHARE YOUR WORK!
A CALL FOR PERFORMANCE
2022 AJT VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
Member Theatres: AJT wants to celebrate you and share your work with the greater community at the AJT Annual Conference.
We are looking for polished work, work in development, excerpts of upcoming work from your season, and something that you are interested in producing. Performances can be anywhere from 5-20 minutes.
- Applications Open: August 29th, 2022
- Application Deadline: September 19th, 2022
- Applicants Notified: September 29th, 2022
- Tech Test: October 21st, 2022
- Performances: October 24th, 2022
WHO IS THIS FOR?
AJT Member Theatres.
HOW TO APPLY?
We are accepting a single PDF. In the PDF, please include the following:
- Questions below answered
- At the top of your application, include your Theatre’s name, website, individual applicant’s name, role and contact information of who is submitting the application.
The application should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Member Theatre Conference Submission”.
- What would you like to share at the conference? Describe your organization and the type of work you do. How many participants will be involved in the performance? (no more than 200 words)
- Has this work been presented before?
- Has your organization presented at a past AJT conference? If so, which one?
- What interests your theater in presenting at the AJT 2022 Conference? (no more than 200 words)
- Please include a brief synopsis of the performance you would like to present. (no more than 200 words)
- What is the duration of the performance? (How many minutes is your performance?)
REVIEW & SELECTION
A committee of peers will be reviewing and selecting applications for sharing at the conference. The criteria for selection is feasibility, timeliness of sharing, meeting the themes, and community contribution.
Clear presentation plan: performance duration, participants secured, and ability to send a video of the work or plan for live streaming.
Timeliness of Sharing:
Timeliness of opportunity: this is part of your upcoming season, or a partnership with an artist you are programming.
Meeting the Conference Theme:
REVIVE & RENEW: Stepping into our Jewish identity – and the world – with greater empathy and awareness.
The content, process, participants, or production practices contribute to the AJT community’s skill sets and knowledge growing.
QUESTIONS? Email: email@example.com