I am pleased to recap a trip that David and I took this past week in preparation for the annual conference scheduled for October 21–23 (Sunday to Tuesday) in Philadelphia.
In a word, the trip was WONDERUL.
- Deborah Baer Mozes and her great Theatre Ariel are all in to host and work for a conference we expect to surpass anything we’ve ever experienced. They are passionate about making our conference a success. Deborah and our Conference Coordinator Marissa Barnathan are a marvel. They set up a whirlwind trip filled with meetings and two productive days of organizing.
- A little bit about Marissa Barnathan: She has already proven herself to be proactive, organized, sharp, collaborative, and more. She is a whiz with social media. Lucky us!
- We have enlisted partners from the Drake Theatre in Center City Philadelphia including: InterAct, PlayPenn, Azuka, Simpatico, and Inis Nua. We have also partnered with leading local playwright and dramaturg Jackie Goldfinger.
- This year’s conference will focus on three areas: Connecting, Learning, and Doing.
- We are still working on the details like hotel location and exciting events while always keeping out rates reasonable and giving the best conference experience possible.
- We will announce the key-note speaker in the near future so stay tuned!
What we need from you:
- Reserve the dates.
- Attend the conference.
- Invite your friends and cohorts, whether they are part of AJT or not, and make lists of people to whom we should reach out.
- Send us ideas you want addressed in workshops, engagement activities, big-idea sessions, etc.
- Go back to the top of this list and repeat!
- A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! Thank you for your input, commitment, and belief in Jewish Theatre. Due to you we are now in a position to make this the most meaningful Jewish Theatre gathering EVER!
- A BIG THANKS to the Alliance for Jewish Theatre Board. You keep the heat up and move us forward to excellence.
- A BIG THANKS for Deborah Baer Mozes for all she has already put forth.
- A BIG THANKS to David Chack who almost single-handedly us leading us forth.
- A BIG THANK to our staff…yes, STAFF!!! Marissa Barnathan, Conference Coordinator; Tressa Park, Marketing; and our new Financial Coordinator Marcy Segal.
Much more to come. Exciting times ahead. STAY TUNED!!!