Alliance for Jewish Theatre’s
2017 Conference in Boston
October 22 – 25, 2017
This Year’s Theme:
- In partnership with Jewish Arts Collaborative of Boston
- Subsidies for Young and Emerging Jewish Theatremachers by Application
- Keynote on Theme, and Workshops, Panels, and Brainstorming Sessions
- “Pitch Your Work” Sessions to Producers and Artistic Directors
- Showcases for Solo Performers and Playwrights by Juried Submissions
- Becoming Part of an Empowering Community to Perform Jewish Stories
- Check out the conference and schedule, and membership options for discounts
Presenting the 2017 Theodore Bikel Award for Excellence in Theatre
to Robert Brustein
Eminent theatre critic, author, producer, playwright, and educator, Mr. Brustein founded both Yale Repertory Theatre and the American Repertory Theatre at Harvard. Mr. Brustein also conceived and adapted the musical “Shlemiel the First,” based on the stories of Isaac Bashevis Singer.
Fees and Preferred Hotel
Young and Emerging Jewish Theatremachers, for more information and to apply: http://alljewishtheatre.org/joinsupport/theatremachers/
About the Conference
View the preliminary daily schedule.
With the multiple resources and linkages in Boston and throughout the Jewish arts and theatre world. To break it apart, co-lab-oration, means community; experimentation and exploration; and performing, producing and creating through shared opportunities.
Sessions held at Boston University Hillel near Kenmore Square on 213 Bay State Road and various other locations.
Jewish Arts Collaborative – JArts Boston – led by Executive Director Laura Mandel is joining with us as a partner and going forward, we have already seen a great response from the theatre departments at Emerson, Tufts, and Harvard; and Jewish community and arts organization’s such as Combined Jewish Philanthropies, ArtsEmerson, Israel Consulate, Boston Jewish Film Festival, various other theatre and theatre artists and more. Jesse Garlick, an actor in the Boston area will head up the on-the-ground operations in Boston.