ALLIANCE FOR JEWISH THEATRE is 501(c)3 non-profit organization made up of theatre-artists, theatres, and other people connected to theatre to promote the creation, presentation, and preservation of both traditional and non-traditional theatrical endeavors by, for, and about the Jewish experience.
- Being a catalyst for the development of theatre with a Jewish sensibility
- Building bridges between theatre-artists, theatres, and the communities they serve
- Empowering, educating, and inspiring theatre-artists to tell Jewish stories
- Expanding the reach of theatre that explores Jewish identity in a multi-cultural world
Mission and Critical Action Statements
ALLIANCE FOR JEWISH THEATRE’S mission is to develop, innovate, promote, and preserve theatre with a Jewish sensibility. As the leading organization for Jewish theatre worldwide, AJT:
- Advocates for Jewish theatre and theatre-artists doing Jewish content
- Provides an active online presence year-round to promote Jewish theatre
- Hosts annual conferences in cities throughout the United States and the world
- Provides education and networking to develop works with Jewish content
- Develops pathways, formal and informal, to cooperatively develop new projects
- Seeks collaborations with other like-minded organizations that share our mission
View the Alliance for Jewish Theatre’s Bylaws.